Camp Jump Start is a healthy lifestyle program for kids and families. We address and transform the whole health of every participant—physically, emotionally and socially—bringing improved health, happiness and hope for a better life with the skills to continue success long term.
Camp Jump Start weight loss camp for teens was founded in 2003 by registered nurse Jean Huelsing and her family. This camp revolutionized
weight loss camps for kids with health professional designed programs. This camp is now offered as a virtual training camp in order to meet the needs of busy families.
Our experience shows what a difference a summer can make!
Why Camp Jump Start Training Camp
- We are more than a residential weight loss summer camp. Our approach addresses and transforms the whole health of every participant and it is needed year-round.
- Physically – weight loss; physical fitness, strength and endurance
- Emotionally/Mentally – higher self-esteem, self-confidence and belief in themselves
- Socially – opportunities to gather in groups of like-minded participants to learn and discuss life events and experiences
- Our kids and families are successful. To date, all of our kids have achieved weight loss and accomplish results they never thought possible*.
- In-person summer camp tuition was fair, honest and as affordable as possible but it was not cheap. As a not-for-profit we are driven to help as many kids and families as possible. This is why virtual Camp Jump Start Training Camp has been made available. We hope to serve all of those who would not have been able to make it to in-person camp.
*Results may vary from camper to camper.
WHAT KIDS SAY ABOUT IN-PERSON CAMP JUMP START
To me camp means a second chance at life. The friends I’ve made here have saved my life. I wouldn’t trade the experiences I have gotten here for anything. This place is my safe place; I can be my true self here and have no fear of judgment. What happens here inspires me every day to be thankful for the hard-working people in this world. Thank you for giving me my life back.