Camp Jump Start is a whole health camp for kids. We address and transform the whole health of every camper – physically, emotionally and socially – bringing them improved health, happiness and hope for a better life and the skills to continue their success at home.
Camp Jump Start weight loss camp for teens was founded in 2003 by registered nurse Jean Huelsing and her family. This camp has revolutionized weight loss camps for kids with health professional designed programs and licensed professionals teaching on-site.
Success of the children and families through Camp Jump Start weight loss camp for teens is well documented in consumer magazines and scientific articles, recognized by letters of support from institutions such as the National Institutes of Health and Washington University School of Medicine.
See the difference a summer can make!
Why Camp Jump Start
- We are more than a weight loss camp. Our Whole Health approach addresses and transforms the whole health of every camper:
- Physically – weight loss; physical fitness, strength and endurance
- Emotionally – higher self-esteem, confidence and belief in themselves
- Socially – being comfortable in groups and making new connections and friends for life
- Our kids are successful. To date, all of our kids have achieved weight loss and accomplish results they never thought possible*.
- Our tuition is affordable, fair and honest and the best value in the nation. We are the only not-for-profit camp of its kind. We are driven to help kids, not by a bottom-line.
*Results may vary from camper to camper.
WHAT KIDS SAY ABOUT CAMP JUMP START
To me camp means a second chance at life. The friends I’ve made here have saved my life. I wouldn’t trade the experiences I have gotten here for anything. This place is my safe place; I can be my true self here and have no fear of judgment. What happens here inspires me every day to be thankful for the hard-working people in this world. Thank you for giving me my life back.
Summer by the Numbers 2019
* Results may vary from camper to camper.