Accreditation, Certifications, Licensing And Awards
American Camp Accreditation
American Camp Accreditation (ACA) is the best evidence parents have of a camp’s commitment to a safe and nurturing environment for their children.
American Camp Association accreditation is voluntary, so even though many state and federal laws and regulations address basic sanitation and food service concerns, we at Living Well Foundation wanted to take this a step further by meeting American Camp Association Standards as well. This is because American Camp Association Standards (over 300 of them!) go a step further in addressing the specific areas of programming, personnel, health care and management practices.
ACA Standards reflect every aspect of camp management and operation:
- Site: Fire protection, food service, sleeping quarters, utility and maintenance systems.
- Transportation: Procedures concerning drivers, vehicles and traffic on site.
- Health and Wellness: Staff qualifications, facilities requirements, record keeping, storage and distribution of medicines, contact information and health forms.
- Operational Management: Safety regulations, emergency communication systems, procedures for intruders, personal property regulations.
- Human Resources: Staff qualifications, screening and training, supervision ratios and procedures.
- Program Activities: Aquatics, adventure/challenge, trips, horseback riding and staff qualifications for special programs.
Mandatory standards include requirements for staff screening, emergency exits, first aid, aquatic-certified personnel, storage and use of flammables and firearms, emergency transportation, obtaining appropriate health information, among others.
Patients can (and should) verify the accreditation status of any camp at any time. This may be accomplished through the American Camp Association Website at www.ACAcamps.org or by calling 1-800-428-CAMP.
Better Business Bureau Accredited Charity: Living Well Foundation
- A+ Rating since 2008
- Our BBB accredited charity meets all 20 standards for charity accountability and is a seal holder
Safety First: Living Well Foundation
- Markel’s Safety 1st program recognizes policy holders who have a proven safety record and have shown an exceptional commitment to the safety of their employees and customers.
- Camp Jump Start at Living Well Village has received the award annually since it was offered.
Camp Jump Start has also developed the WIT®: (Wellness in Teens, Tweens, Tots and Twenty+) Program, which has been peer reviewed and published in medical journals.
- It is a national award winning, evidence based practice showing positive outcomes.
- It is also recognized nationally as a best practice by the National Initiative for Children’s Healthcare Quality in Washington D.C.
- It is award winning from the Cooper Institute.
- Research published nationally and internationally with St. Louis University and Washington University.