Healthy Fall Recipe for the Family
Slow Cooked Cranberry Barbecue Chicken
6 chicken thighs, skin removed (about 2 1/4 lb. total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup Multi-Grain cereal (crushed to 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Place chicken thighs on rack of broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4- to 5-inches from heat for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- In 5- to 6-quart crock pot place onion and chicken. In small bowl stir together cranberry sauce, Cereal, pineapple, barbecue sauce and mustard. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- Place rice on serving plate. Top with chicken. Stir sauce. Serve over chicken
460 calories per serving