Black Bean Chicken
½ cup Corn, roasted (fresh off the cob or frozen and thawed)
4 Chicken breasts
1 cup Dry Black beans
½ cup Red onion
2 Limes, juiced
2 Lemons, juiced
1 T Garlic, minced
1 t Cumin
1 t Coriander
1 Jalapeno pepper (finely chopped, seeds removed)
Hot Pepper Sauce, to taste
2 T Cilantro, chopped
- Soak black beans all night. Drain. Place beans and enough water to cover in a pot and cook until tender, adding water as needed.
- Roast your corn. Place kernels on a nonstick cookie pan and Bake at 425 degrees F until browned, stirring occasionally.
- Add all ingredients except chicken and cilantro in a food processor and blend until semi smooth. Leave a little chunk if desired. Set aside.
- In a deep nonstick sauté pan, sear the chicken breasts on one side over medium-high heat until brown.
- Flip chicken over and add blended food. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes at low heat. Chicken’s internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Add the cilantro. Cook for 1 minute more. Serve hot with a slice of lime on the side.
Calories – 308
Fat – 3.83g